Sunday, July 4, 2010

HAYDEN: The Great Wall

We were on our own for dinner that night and, as Darrell has said in an earlier post, we decided to be adventurous and eat at a Sichuan restaurant. We tried several different dishes, none TOO big of a gastronomical stretch. It was delicious! My favorite was probably the vinegar boiled peanuts. We learned later that men enjoy eating those when they go out drinking. We liked them just with our meal.

As Darrell said earlier, we didn't find any clothes we wanted to buy in the mall, but we had fun trying to communicate with the people there. And remember, Chinese people are small. It's crazy when McKenna is a size large! I'm glad my suitcase made it!

Our hotel is beautiful and the beds are comfortable. I had heard that beds in China are very hard and I wondered if we would find them comfortable. At least at the Grand Hotel, they are!

0 comments: