Wednesday, June 30, 2010

We're leaving on a jet plane...

Guess what?!?! We are leaving our house in 6 1/2 hours! And  guess what else? I don't have anything in my suitcase yet.  That is SO normal for me. I think it will make it easier to sleep on the "overnight" flight to London.  "Overnight" because we land at 8:35am London time, but that's 2:35am Little Rock time, and lately that's been about the time I'm getting ready to go to bed.

We finally came up with a plan that we like for Hayden to be able to sleep in our room, close to us, without having to be right in our bed. We got a camping cot that is big enough to hold a twin size air mattress. I think she will actually like the air mattress because we've heard that beds in China are REALLY hard. We got comfy sheets and a nice quilt, so it will look like a regular bed, but will be light weight and easy to move around.

I hope to write the last part of The Journey on the trip to London and post that, plus any  pictures and stories we have accumulated at that point. I am SO excited to get to experience this whole adventure with my kids. We have already laughed so much this week, just getting ready.  I am praying that the five of us will show extend lots of grace and mercy to each other and go out of our way to do what we can to make life easier for the others. You know, in other words, treat others as we would like to be treated and put the needs of others above our own.  Feel free to pray that for us, and with us!

I am so appreciative of the many friends who called or stopped by this week to offer to help by running errands, bring dinner, or anything else we could think of.

OK, I just got "busted" for being on the computer instead of packing, so I'll end here until London! (Or maybe Dallas.)

0 comments: