Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"We interrupt the regularly scheduled programming for an important announcement."

I will finish the story of our journey, hopefully before we leave. I am really enjoying remembering and writing about it, but I AM ready to be writing in the present. So, for now, I want to answer the question I am hearing most...When do we leave and what does the trip look like.

But, before I can answer that question, I have a VERY important announcement to make:  OUR TRIP IS FULLY FUNDED, INCLUDING WHAT WE NEED FOR THE KIDS TO TRAVEL WITH US! And, can we just say:

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THAT POSSIBLE!!!  I never doubted that God could do it if He wanted to; I just wasn't as convinced that He would want to as some other people were. I don't know if you've ever been totally overwhelmed by Him and His people or not, but I hope everyone gets to experience this realization of just how BIG God is and how GOOD His people are.

OK, back to the other question...

Let me start by saying that I feel totally comfortable sharing with the World Wide Web our travel plans because we have a great housesitter staying here while we are gone, not to mention two large dogs that would just as soon eat you as look at you if you are uninvited to their (our) home!

We leave our house Wednesday morning at 7 to drive to Dallas. And then, it looks like this:

June 30 Drive to Dallas at 7:00 am
             Depart Dallas at 5:35 pm
July  1   Arrive London at 8:35 am
             Depart London at 4:35 pm
July 2    Arrive Beijing at 9:35 am
July 4    Arrive Nanning and get our girl!!!
July 9    Arrive Guangzhou to finalize the adoption!
July 17  Take a train to Hong Kong
July 19  Leave Hong Kong at 11:15 pm
July 20  Arrive London at 4:55 am
             Depart London at 11:05 am
             Arrive DFW at 3:40 pm
             Driven to Little Rock
             Sleep another week

So, there you have it. That's the skeleton version of our trip. We hope to be updating the blog often with pictures and details.

PS - I have no idea why that column beside the dates is doing a little wave. I can't seem to make it straight. But, considering it's 3:30 in the morning, I've decided that we can all just wave back.

0 comments: